Add Your Heading Text Here
This policy applies to all services offered by Stories.stream Inc. (the “Company,” “we,” “us,” “our”), including, without limitation, the Website (as defined in our Terms of Service, hereafter the “Terms”) all associated applications, and governs data collection and usage. The security and integrity of our customers’ personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high-level communication services they expect. By using any of the Company’s services, including, without limitation, the Website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
2. POLICY CHANGES
3. DATA PROTECTION
The Company has privacy and security practices in place to safeguard our customers’ personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis.
4. COLLECTED INFORMATION
Personal information collected by the Company is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, birth date, related account information, and any recorded complaints.
The Company collects information regarding you and your use of our service(s), your interactions with us and our advertising, including, without limitation
- information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, and set top boxes);
- your activity on the Company’s service(s), such as title selections, watch history and search queries;
- details regarding your interactions with customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations and, if you call us, your phone number;
- device IDs or unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as browser type and configuration, operating system, etc.), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address, and standard web log information; and
The Company does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, political affiliations, or sexual preference without your explicit consent.
5. Deleting data and account
In order to delete the account with all the data, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. All data and the account will be deleted within 14 business days.
If you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the Company’s public message boards, you do so at your sole risk as this information may be collected and used by others, including anonymously.
7. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to verify your identity when accessing your account;
- to provide a positive customer experience (g. remembering language preference or where a video was stopped for resuming playback), to process your registration, and deliver, bill for and collect payment for products and services;
- to understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by the Company and its agents, suppliers and affiliates;
- to enforce our terms, and to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud;
- to communicate directly with you (g. to reply to a support request);
- to manage and develop the Company business and operations; and
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
8. DISCLOSURE TO SERVICE PROVIDERS
The Company uses other companies, agents, or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT service, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
The Company encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the Company so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. The Company is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of our website.
Upon creating a user account you may receive e-mail communications from us. There are two types of standard communications:
- Required Emails. We may need to send you e-mails in order for you to use our service(s), specifically:
- Transaction E-mails, as proof of purchase; and
- Release E-mails, informing you when pre-purchased products are ready for use;
- Marketing E-mails. We would like to send you no more than once every three (3) months to let you know about upcoming releases on our online cinema.
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies.
We and our Service Providers may use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide our website or online service. For example, we or our Service Providers may use these cookies to authenticate and identify our members when they use our websites and applications so we can provide the service to them. They also help us to enforce our Terms, prevent fraud and maintain the security of our service.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with the Company. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign-up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the Company’s service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Rejection or deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
- We may use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as enforcing our terms, preventing fraud, and analyzing the use of our service. There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the “settings” or “preferences” menus; see your browser’s help function or support page to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
The Company’s service and its content are not intended for children under the age of majority in the jurisdiction within which they reside without parental supervision. The Company does not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from anyone under the age of majority on the service. By registering and using the service, the user warrants that they have reached the age of majority in their Province, Territory, or jurisdiction, or is accessing the service with parental consent. If an individual under the age of majority in their Province, Territory, or jurisdiction is found to have registered by falsely claiming to be the appropriate age during registration, the Company will delete the account and will remove and/or delete any personal information that may have been submitted by that individual.
12. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD-PARTIES
The Company does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Company or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Company, or the public. However, the Company may share anonymous information about the use of the service with a customer’s Internet service provider or cable operator for the offering, operation, improvement, and payment of this service as well as to identify you and the service or services for which you have paid. Information collected and/or transmitted by the Company may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction where it is stored and/or transmitted. the Company retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. If your account is cancelled, the Company may retain your personal information for up to one (1) month, or such other period as required by law, and will then delete it.
The Company informs customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
The Company ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.